ADOS-2 Clinical Training
The ADOS-2 is a semi-structured, standardized measure of communication, social interaction, play, and restricted and receptive behaviours synonymous with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). It is widely considered the ‘gold standard’ measure of behavioural observation for assessment and diagnosis of ASD. With updated protocols and the addition of the Toddler Module, the ADOS-2 provides a highly accurate evaluation of current behaviour in individuals from 12 months of age to adulthood, from individuals who are nonverbal to individuals who are verbally fluent. By observing and coding these behaviors, you can obtain information that informs diagnosis, treatment planning, and educational placement.
Through completion of this introductory course, you will:
- Learn the differences between clinical and research use of the ADOS-2
- Learn how to select the appropriate module for working with different clients
- Learn how to administer the tasks within each module
- Learn how to code the specific items within each module
- Observe demonstration administrations with the ADOS-2 and practice scoring and coding
- Obtain experience that will support your future administrations with the measure as you work towards independent clinical use
- Attend the 5 or 6 half day training sessions
- Read and bring your own ADOS-2 manual (available through WPS; ADOS-2 protocols will be provided)
- Be prepared to engage in observation and scoring of two demonstration administrations with volunteer individuals with ASD
- Be prepared to discuss behaviours observed during the demonstration administrations and the coding for each administration with the group
Dates and Times
The next training session will be held on April 26-30, 2021.
People interested in the Toddler Module can register for the 1/2 day workshop on May 3, 2021.
- $750 (plus GST and applicable paypal fees) for Modules 1-4
- $125 (plus GST and applicable paypal fees) for the Toddler Module (separate payment required)
PLEASE NOTE: Cancellation and reversal of your payment without penalty can only happen up to 3 weeks following payment. After that time, there will be a fee for cancellation (as per paypal’s transaction policies).
I will have a training package and protocols for use during the training for each registered trainee that will be distributed on the morning of the first day of training. Trainees are responsible for bringing their own ADOS-2 manual (which can be purchased via the test publisher, WPS, here).
Interested professionals who would like to register for the training, be placed on the waitlist, or who have specific program questions are encouraged to contact Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your desire to attend the ADOS-2 training.
Please note: The ADOS-2 is a protected measure, and only registered professionals (or students working towards registration) are able to attend this training.
This training session will be instructed by Dr. Adam McCrimmon, R.Psych. Dr. McCrimmon is an Associate Professor at the University of Calgary and the Director of the Autism Spectrum Education, Research, and Training (ASERT) lab. He is a Certified Independent Trainer for the ADOS-2 and ADI-R.
This workshop will be held online via Zoom
Toddler Module Registration